Home Safety Tips for Kids while Playing
Based on a study, home accidents can result to about 20,000 children deaths or 21 million medical visits each year. It has become the big source of accidental death for children. Since the home is where your child is staying most of his childhood, it is very important that parents should know how to keep them safe every minute of any day.
Here are some tips to help you prevent bad things to happen while your child is playing:
- Do not leave them alone while playing during bath time
Bath time is more fun for toddlers if you let them play with water for a minute or two but do not try to leave them as they can be drowned in just a second.
- Always keep chemicals away from children
Children tend to roam around the house and open every cabinet that they may see while playing. Make sure to keep cleaning materials and sharp objects above and out of their reach and sight.
- Protect children to electrical shocks
Children are always curious about everything and electrical outlets are not an exemption for this. Cover any unused or damaged electrical sockets.
- Do not let children play with small objects
- Keep them safe with your family pet
Do not let them play with the family pet alone.
- Prevent your child on coming up or going down the stairs alone
Put any safety and improvised gates on both parts of the stairs to block your kids from going there; hence preventing them to fall from it.
- Choose safe and age appropriate toys
Always check the lead content and consider your child’s age while purchasing a toy. You wouldn’t want your children to be exposed to lots of chemicals while playing. Make sure to read safety instructions as well.
- Prevent them from playing with things that can make them suffocate
Bags, boxes, cords, and soft toys can make them suffocated so always keep an eye on these.
- Do not put toys and other stuff on a high area where your children can see them
This may tempt your children to climb and reach for the objects they saw.
- Lock firearms in a safe place
If you have any firearms at home, make sure to put it in a safe place to avoid any serious incidents to happen. Children are really curious and they will not understand the difference between a real and toy gun.
- Always clean up all the toys after play time
Keep all toys in a container and always double check every corner of the play area. Scattered toys that are unnoticed can cause small injuries like slipping.
Toddlers are the age where your children get curious about the environment and it’s the time where they are having fun while learning and exploring. So always keep an eye on them to make sure that any kind of accident will not happen.
87 22 5