TRAVELING WITH TODDLERS | PRACTICAL TIPS
Travelling isn’t exactly an easy experience for couples with toddlers. Toddlers tend to be naughty even before the flight itself, and it gets even worse during the actual flight.
But that is where we are here to help you.
Check out the practical tips below that you can use on your next vacation.
How to get ready?
With having kids around, it is best you get up bright and early for your flight. It may be exhausting but it sure will be an easier process for you later on. By waking up early you get to double check all the things you need to do. And by not hasting to the airport, your child would not feel stressed as well which will pay off later on during the flight. The free time at the airport will give you and your toddler, the chance to move around and stretch your legs while you can.
●Print your boarding passes.
●Have a planned itinerary.
●Do not forget to bring medicine for you and your kids.
Getting to the Airport
This may not take a lot of time but it is still best that you keep your toddler busy during this time. Play some music they like to listen to so they get distracted along the way. Or another way is bringing a small pillow, a pillow they are familiar with. This would make them fall asleep during the ride.
- Bring one of their favorite toys.
- Or you can opt to bring a gadget that has games they can play.
- While you are on your way, check your seating assignments.
While at the airport
The interval from your arrival and the actual flight is quite long. There’s still the process of checking in, airport security, etc. A lot of steps that might stress or bore your toddler. During this time, make sure that your toddler is tucked in his/her stroller with a tag on it. Make sure as well that you explain to him what is happening but in a playful way. Try to say that you’re going on an adventure, etc.
- Try to get your kids and yourself some snacks you can munch on while waiting. Nothing gets them distracted like food.
- Ask the airport personnel if they have a play area. Most airports do, this can also keep them from getting bored and it would tire them out. Chances are, they’d be asleep during the flight.
During the actual flight
Since this is a couple of hours of being cramped up thousands of feet in the air, make sure to set the rules with your kid. Remind him/her of the consequences if he or she disobeys you. Use the other tips mentioned earlier as well to make your kid obedient during the flight.
- Give your child a camera, can either be real or fake, just give them something that can keep them interested.
- You can also bring arts and crafts stuff. Just bring some small coloring materials and as well as some scratch paper they can draw on.
Planning to go on a vacation? Try these practical tips now!
206 326 7 96 13